Re: 2html.vim script question

  • Charles H. Shooshan III
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31 9:47 PM
      As follow-up to my own question, I played with the 2html.vim script so
      that I could use it to produce html files that can be exchanged with
      the "html source files" that are produced with the Java API Document
      Generator (javadoc) -linksource option.

      The purpose is to get syntax-highlighted source files into the javadocs.

      I posted my modified script at http://www.vim.org/scripts/ as htmlj.vim.

      The key change is adding the "id" attribute at the beginning of each
      line of code so that:

      becomes:

      Even though this is for javadoc, it might be useful for anyone
      interested in producing html versions of source files that can display
      a particular code line at the top.

      The above example if contained in the file, Hello.html, would get you
      to line 11 of the code using Hello.html#line.11 .

      I would appreciate any comments (I tried hard not to break anything in
      the script).

      Thanks,
      Charlie

      P.S. Since the gvim script is now working on my Mac and I replaced the
      2html.vim script with my modified version (keeping the original of
      course), I can generated the "javadoc" version of Hello.java (called
      Hello.html) from the Terminal with this command:

      gvim -c "let javadoc = 1" -c "runtime! syntax/2html.vim" -c "wq" -c "q"
      Hello.java