Re: Large number of virusses on this list

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2004
      On Tue, 11 May 2004 at 4:50pm, Ton Boelens wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I just deleted a large number of messages with viruses I received the last
      > months. Is it really necessary that recipients can send attachments with
      their
      > mail?
      >
      > I am thinking of making a procmail recipy to delete all the attachments.

      I agree with you. There were a number of threads recently about virus
      attachments, and I don't think there was any conclusion on what is the
      idea thing to do. But I think the list administrators don't care much
      about this problem. Everyday, when I download messages for the list,
      I see a number of McAfee warnings (I think today it was about 5 times),
      and worried if it logs these incidents with IT somehow, and one day
      someone from IT will contact me wondering what the heck I am doing to
      bring in so many viruses on to my system.

      Hari