Large number of virusses on this list

  • Ton Boelens
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2004

      I just deleted a large number of messages with viruses I received the last
      months. Is it really necessary that recipients can send attachments with their
      mail?

      I am thinking of making a procmail recipy to delete all the attachments.
      --
      /ton
      http://www.tonboelens.nl
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2004
        On Tue, 11 May 2004 at 4:50pm, Ton Boelens wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I just deleted a large number of messages with viruses I received the last
        > months. Is it really necessary that recipients can send attachments with
        their
        > mail?
        >
        > I am thinking of making a procmail recipy to delete all the attachments.

        I agree with you. There were a number of threads recently about virus
        attachments, and I don't think there was any conclusion on what is the
        idea thing to do. But I think the list administrators don't care much
        about this problem. Everyday, when I download messages for the list,
        I see a number of McAfee warnings (I think today it was about 5 times),
        and worried if it logs these incidents with IT somehow, and one day
        someone from IT will contact me wondering what the heck I am doing to
        bring in so many viruses on to my system.

        Hari