Re: formatoptions bug?

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2004
      Suresh Govindachar wrote:

      > 1) start the 6.3a gvim as "gvim -u None -U None"
      > 2) set tw=30
      > 3) set formatoptions=tcq
      >
      > 4) Enter this text:
      >
      > - word word word word word word word
      > word word word word word word word word
      > word word word word word
      >
      > 5) Normal commands "gg" followed by "gqG"
      >
      > 6) Observe: Only the first two lines are formatted
      > correctly. I would have expected the thrid and fourth
      > lines to start with 3 blanks just as the second line does.
      > Why doesn't this happen?
      >
      > 7) If this is not a bug, how do I get the desired effect?

      Also set 'autoindent'. When indenting the second line is recognizes the
      first line as a comment, thus adds the indent to line up the words.
      When indenting the third line it inspects the second line, which doesn't
      look like a comment.

      234. You started college as a chemistry major, and walk out four years
      later as an Internet provider.