Re: problem with --remote-silent

  • Guido Van Hoecke
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2004
      Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
      > I want to launch gvim as a viewer for an html file without extension
      > using my pre-existing gvim server:
      >
      > gvim.exe -R -c "set ft=html" --remote-silent "c:\tmp\Hack this"
      >
      > This opens the file read only in the current gvim session, but fails to
      > set the filetype. If I accept a new window, the filetype is set as
      > expected (obvious from the syntax coloring):
      >
      > gvim.exe -R -c "set ft=html" "c:\tmp\Hack this"
      >
      > Is there any reason why the "set ft=html" does not work when used
      > together with "--remote-silent"?

      I still do not know why these do not work together, but I have solved my
      problem by first --remote-silent sending the file to the remote session,
      and then using --remote-send to set readonly and to set the filetype.
      See my comment dated May 11, 2004 3:28 at the end of tip 118:
      http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=118