Re: Slow start on X /Linux

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      Around about 02/04/2004 08:37, Ron Aaron typed ...
      > Starting gvim is slow when I run on a vnc session; it starts fast when I run
      > from a normal session.

      Hmm. Could be the vnc X server doesn't support a lot of the stuff
      that GNOME/GTK2 requires - is that what your gvim's built with? I get a
      similar thing running gvim (well, any modern GTK app.) remotely.
      Although normally pleasant, the modern GUI libraries are tending to only
      work well when tied to the local dekstop (using shared memory for
      advanced graphics plotting).

      If that's the case, try: export GDK_USE_XFT=0 gvim

      --
      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature