Re: vim & email

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hello,

      * On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:09:28PM -0800, Eric Winger <ewinger@...> wrote:
      > I recall reading somewhere that you could set vim up to do email.
      > Perhaps I have a bit loose, but is that possible. If so is there a
      > tutorial on how to do it in linux?

      What do you mean ? You want to use vim to compose your e-mails (as
      I'm doing right now) or you want Vim to act as a MUA ?

      For the late option, check on http://vim.sf.net, there is a plugin for
      this purpose.

      Otherwise, just tell your MUA you want to use vim to compose your
      e-mails, and be sure your .vimrc contains at least
      :filetype plugin on

      Then install the mail-ftplugins you wish to use -- check my sig to see
      the ones I'm using.

      HTH,

      --
      Luc Hermitte