vim & email

  • Eric Winger
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      I recall reading somewhere that you could set vim up to do email.
      Perhaps I have a bit loose, but is that possible. If so is there a
      tutorial on how to do it in linux?

      thx

      Eric

      This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential to and/or copyrighted by Key Technology. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in the email are those of the individual sender unless the sender expressly states them to be the views of Key Technology. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.
    • Luc Hermitte
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
        Hello,

        * On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:09:28PM -0800, Eric Winger <ewinger@...> wrote:
        > I recall reading somewhere that you could set vim up to do email.
        > Perhaps I have a bit loose, but is that possible. If so is there a
        > tutorial on how to do it in linux?

        What do you mean ? You want to use vim to compose your e-mails (as
        I'm doing right now) or you want Vim to act as a MUA ?

        For the late option, check on http://vim.sf.net, there is a plugin for
        this purpose.

        Otherwise, just tell your MUA you want to use vim to compose your
        e-mails, and be sure your .vimrc contains at least
        :filetype plugin on

        Then install the mail-ftplugins you wish to use -- check my sig to see
        the ones I'm using.

        HTH,

        --
        Luc Hermitte