Re: making xmledit plugin works well under vim v6.2

  • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      Patricio Palma Contreras wrote:

      >Which diferences BufNewFile event has between vim 6.1 and vim 6.2?
      >
      >Since I had installed vim 6.2 xmledit plugin stop auto-inserting xml headers into
      >new xml files. xmledit seems to auto close tags well.

      My suggestion is to contact the writer of the xmledit plugin, Devin
      Weaver: devin@...,
      all of which I got from vim.sf.net.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:33:04PM -0500, Patricio Palma Contreras wrote:
        > Which diferences BufNewFile event has between vim 6.1 and vim 6.2?
        >
        > Since I had installed vim 6.2 xmledit plugin stop auto-inserting xml headers into
        > new xml files. xmledit seems to auto close tags well.
        >
        > Last lines into xml.vim file are:
        > ---------------cut-----------------
        > augroup xmledit
        > au!
        > au BufNewFile * call <SID>NewFileXML()
        > augroup END
        > ---------------cut-----------------
        > I guess there is something weird, but i'm really not sure.
        >
        > How can I make it work well?

        First, decide whether it is a problem with the autocommand or a
        problem with the function. Use

        :scriptnames

        to find out the script number for xmledit.vim . Assume it is 17 for the
        sake of example, then try

        :call <SNR>17_NewFileXML()

        to see if the function works properly.

        :help <SID>