making xmledit plugin works well under vim v6.2

  • Patricio Palma Contreras
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      Which diferences BufNewFile event has between vim 6.1 and vim 6.2?

      Since I had installed vim 6.2 xmledit plugin stop auto-inserting xml headers into
      new xml files. xmledit seems to auto close tags well.

      Last lines into xml.vim file are:
      ---------------cut-----------------
      augroup xmledit
      au!
      au BufNewFile * call <SID>NewFileXML()
      augroup END
      ---------------cut-----------------
      I guess there is something weird, but i'm really not sure.

      How can I make it work well?

      Thanks in advance.
    • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        Patricio Palma Contreras wrote:

        >Which diferences BufNewFile event has between vim 6.1 and vim 6.2?
        >
        >Since I had installed vim 6.2 xmledit plugin stop auto-inserting xml headers into
        >new xml files. xmledit seems to auto close tags well.

        My suggestion is to contact the writer of the xmledit plugin, Devin
        Weaver: devin@...,
        all of which I got from vim.sf.net.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
          On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:33:04PM -0500, Patricio Palma Contreras wrote:
          > Which diferences BufNewFile event has between vim 6.1 and vim 6.2?
          >
          > Since I had installed vim 6.2 xmledit plugin stop auto-inserting xml headers into
          > new xml files. xmledit seems to auto close tags well.
          >
          > Last lines into xml.vim file are:
          > ---------------cut-----------------
          > augroup xmledit
          > au!
          > au BufNewFile * call <SID>NewFileXML()
          > augroup END
          > ---------------cut-----------------
          > I guess there is something weird, but i'm really not sure.
          >
          > How can I make it work well?

          First, decide whether it is a problem with the autocommand or a
          problem with the function. Use

          :scriptnames

          to find out the script number for xmledit.vim . Assume it is 17 for the
          sake of example, then try

          :call <SNR>17_NewFileXML()

          to see if the function works properly.

          :help <SID>