Re: moving over lines like t or f

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 10:13 AM
      Eric Winger <ewinger@...> wrote:
      > I really like t, but I can't seem to find an equivalent character
      > movement over lines.
      >
      > #begin
      > (cursor here) here is some text
      > that is
      > between pound sign's.
      > #end
      >
      > I'd like to have a movement that goes up until the # before #end
      > easily.
      > Like t does on a single line. Is that easily possible?
      >
      > Eric

      [comrporate disclaimer snipped]

      Do you mean searching up to a hash mark in column 1, as with

      ?^#

      or maybe down to #end, as with

      /#end

      Of course they can also be mapped to keys or key combinations, e.g.

      :nnoremap <F5> /^#end
      :nnoremap <C-F5> ?^#

      HTH,
      Tony.
    • Eric Winger
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 10:22 AM
        Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
        > Eric Winger <ewinger@...> wrote:
        >
        >>I really like t, but I can't seem to find an equivalent character
        >>movement over lines.
        >>
        >>#begin
        >>(cursor here) here is some text
        >>that is
        >>between pound sign's.
        >>#end
        >>
        >>I'd like to have a movement that goes up until the # before #end
        >>easily.
        >>Like t does on a single line. Is that easily possible?
        >>
        >>Eric
        >

        > [comrporate disclaimer snipped]
        >
        > Do you mean searching up to a hash mark in column 1, as with
        >
        > ?^#
        >
        > or maybe down to #end, as with
        >
        > /#end
        >
        > Of course they can also be mapped to keys or key combinations, e.g.
        >
        > :nnoremap <F5> /^#end
        > :nnoremap <C-F5> ?^#

        You know, I wrote this with the intent on provided a movement command
        with a !, but afterwards I found that doing a !/#end<enter> works within
        the bang. So I guess the search facilities will work after all.

        thx

        > HTH,
        > Tony.

        This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential to and/or copyrighted by Key Technology. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in the email are those of the individual sender unless the sender expressly states them to be the views of Key Technology. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.