linebreak and list

  • emf
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      Hi, vim compatriots!

      I've been using vim for seven years or so, but only recently have I
      started really trying to get intimately familiar with it. I have a
      couple of problems I've been having.

      I mostly work with python, where whitespace counts. As such, for a long
      time, I had it set to display leading tabs with >--- , because I didn't
      want to accidentally use expandtab when I was editing a file that was
      mostly filled with tabs.

      However, I also really wanted line wrapping to happen on word
      boundaries. After some frustration, I discovered my mistake; linebreak
      doesn't work when list is set. Is there a technical reason for this?

      Another thing I would really love is if vim would preserve the indent
      of the prior line when wrapping; I can't find any way to accomplish
      this using settings- am I missing something?

      --
      nothing can happen inside a sphere
      that you could not inscribe upon it.