Re: CTRL+F11 to toggle menu bar

  • Gumnos (Tim Chase)
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2004
      > :nmap <silent> <C-F11> :if &guioptions=~'m' \| set guioptions-=m \| else
      > \| set guioptions+=m \| endif<cr>
      >
      > :set lines [ returns 25 ]
      > <C-F11> [ removes menu bar ]
      > :set lines [ returns 25 ]
      > <C-F11> [ shows menu bar ]
      > :set lines [ returns 24 ]
      > <C-F11> [ removes menu bar ]
      > :set lines [ returns 24 ]
      > <C-F11> [ shows menu bar ]
      > :set lines [ returns 23 ]
      >
      > In this test, when the menu bar is removed, the window height shrinks by
      > the height of the menu bar (approximately). When the menu bar is added
      > back though, one line of text is removed, and the window shrinks by only
      > a tiny amount.

      Okay, I'm glad I'm not crazy :) I've tested it with 6.0 on Win2k at work,
      and with 6.1 on WinME (gag, hack) here at home. Jonathan has tried the
      latest and greatest 6.2 + patches 1-288 on both Win98 and Win2k. I agree
      with your suspicions that it has to do with attempting to compensate for the
      height added (or removed, depending on your perspective) by the menu-bar,
      and then not properly uncompensating when it's removed. It seems to go all
      the way down to 2 lines if the menubar is shown and 4 lines if the mb has
      been removed, shrinking no more after this point.

      An odd peculiarity, but not detrimental.

      A cheap solution would be to save & restore the "lines" setting in that
      mapping as well.

      -tim