Re: Keyboard emulations & newbe compile problem

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2004
      On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 03:01:41PM +0100, Juergen Veith wrote:
      [snip]

      > Tried to upgrade from a precompiled version 6 to a downloaded V6.2 but
      > failed with compiling becouse of an unresolved term_set_winsize for the
      > linker. Unfortunately I have no experience on how to solve this and probably
      > its a first graders bug in makefile use. Important packages missing?
      > Maybe anybody can help me out ?
      >
      > thx & regards J├╝rgen
      >
      > suse8:/home/jv/prg # ls
      > . cream-0.28.tar.gz jed-0.99-16 office52 vim62
      > .. jed jed-0.99-16.tar.gz vim-6.2.tar.bz2
      > suse8:/home/jv/prg # cd vim62
      > suse8:/home/jv/prg/vim62 # ls
      > . Makefile README_src.txt configure pixmaps src
      > .. README.txt README_unix.txt main.aap runtime
      > suse8:/home/jv/prg/vim62 #
      > suse8:/home/jv/prg/vim62 # ./configure
      [snip]

      Please do not send the entire output of configure (243 lines?) and
      make (another 280+).

      > suse8:/home/jv/prg/vim62
      > suse8:/home/jv/prg/vim62 # make install
      > Starting make in the src directory.
      > If there are problems, cd to the src directory and run make there

      That message gives one suggestion. It also might help to install
      some of the patches. If there were compilation problems with vim 6.2 on
      SuSe, they were probably fixed a couple of hundred patches ago. Try
      either getting and applying the patches or else get a reasonably
      up-to-date version from CVS. There are instructions at

      http://www.vim.org/download.php

      HTH --Benji Fisher