Re: sh.vim - comment correction suggestion

  • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6 12:53 PM
      Ilya Sher wrote:

      > While I was dealing with the "alias" thing I've found
      > that sh.vim conatins the follwing lines :
      > - ---8<---
      > " handles functions which start: Function () {
      > " Apparently Bourne shell accepts functions too,
      > " even though it isn't documented by my man pages " for it.
      > - ---8<---
      >
      > That's probably changed, at least I've found documentation
      > for function definition in my
      > man bash
      > and in the following places:
      > http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bashref.html#SEC22
      > http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/man/sh.1.html
      > http://steve-parker.org/sh/functions.shtml

      Bash isn't Bourne shell.

      The neosoft link refers to POSIX; that's actually Korn shell.

      The last link appears to actually refer to Bourne shell, but my
      comment still stands -- its not typically mentioned in the man
      pages for Bourne shell. Of course these days the Bourne shell
      is getting used less (and bash/ksh/pdksh more).

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell