Re: guifont

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      Don Stefani <vimuser@...> wrote:
      > Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
      [...]
      > > if has("gui_running")
      > > if has("x11")
      > > if has("gui_gtk2")
      > > " GTK+2
      > > set guifont=Lucida\ Typewriter\ 11
      > > else
      > > " X11 without GTK+2
      > > set
      > > guifont=-*-lucidatypewriter-medium -r-normal-*-*-180-*-*-m-*-*

      Note: the above two lines should be joined

      > > endif
      > > else
      > > " non-X11 (Windows or similar)
      > > set guifont=Lucida_Console:h11:cDEFAULT
      > > endif
      > > endif
      > >
      > > HTH,
      > > Tony.
      > >

      > Thanks,
      > I've been *playing* with kvim (KDE) since I've only used gnome and
      > gvim before. I did the :mkv! command while in kvim with all my
      > setting ready
      > and then pasted the output from my .vimrc to my .gvimrc. Just before I
      > read your post I used: ' if has ("gui_kde") <kde stuff > else ' < gvim
      > stuff > endif

      Note that if / else / endif etc. must either be on separate lines or be
      separated by the neighbouring statements by vertical bars.

      BTW, I don't see gui_kde under ":help feature-list". Is that a non-standard
      one? I suppose gvim for KDE would use one of the other standard X11
      interfaces.

      > It's the first time I've written a control statement in my config
      > file.
      > Cool! I'll take a closer look at your post and see what I can glean
      > from it.
      >
      > Thanks again for your help!
      >
      > Don

      My pleasure. Note that my mail client added a spurious linefeed in the "set"
      line for X11 ("set" and "guifont=-*-lucidatypewriter..." should of course be
      on the same line).

      Happy Vimming and (while it's still Jan. 1 here) Happy New Year

      Tony.
    • Don Stefani
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
        Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:

        > Note that if / else / endif etc. must either be on separate lines or be
        > separated by the neighbouring statements by vertical bars.

        After I sent it I realized that I didn't write that snippet in
        <code></code> style, my config works great.

        > BTW, I don't see gui_kde under ":help feature-list". Is that a non-standard
        > one? I suppose gvim for KDE would use one of the other standard X11
        > interfaces.

        I had never heard of it either until I installed suse 9 using KDE. I've
        been a gnome guy.
        Here's the site from the help > about kvim
        http://freehackers.org/kvim

        I've been tweaking suse for the last day or so, so far I really like it.
        That's one main reason I'm moving to vim, working on my linux box and
        uing my windows box for Photoshop and playing MP3's! ;-) Plus at the
        first shop I worked at with Perl / Java programmers, these guys made me
        learn to use vi even though I was the only "clicky clicky" front end guy
        there.
        Now I do both my front end and programming in vim. I'm feeling more like
        a geek every day!!!

        Thanks again,

        Don Stefani