RE: Syntax region endpoints

  • Keith Roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003

      I shall take a stab at this ...

      If the start and end are keywords in your syntax file, then make the region
      transparent. As long as the keywords have a color, that's what you'll see.

      If they are matches, you still might be able to do the same, but I'm not at
      all sure about that. Same proviso about hilighting the matches.

      If all else fails, create a region which defines everything between the
      start and end patterns, Contained (adding it as a Contains in the original
      region). But that is both ugly and inefficient, I'm sure.
    • Michael Geddes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
        Look at syn-matchgroup

        you can specify a different group for the start and end matches.

        //.

        I cannot figure out if there is a way to color ONLY the "start" and
        "end" points of a syntax region, and do nothing to anything between the
        endpoints. Any ideas? Thanks.

        ==========
        Neil Hodge
        Lawrence Livermore National Lab
        Advanced Engineering Analysis Group
        hodge3 at llnl dot gov
      • Neil Hodge
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
          Michael:

          Michael Geddes wrote:
          > Look at syn-matchgroup
          >
          > you can specify a different group for the start and end matches.

          Perfect. Thanks!

          Neil