Syntax region endpoints

  • Neil Hodge
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
      All:

      I cannot figure out if there is a way to color ONLY the "start" and
      "end" points of a syntax region, and do nothing to anything between the
      endpoints. Any ideas? Thanks.

      ==========
      Neil Hodge
      Lawrence Livermore National Lab
      Advanced Engineering Analysis Group
      hodge3 at llnl dot gov
    • Keith Roberts
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003

        I shall take a stab at this ...

        If the start and end are keywords in your syntax file, then make the region
        transparent. As long as the keywords have a color, that's what you'll see.

        If they are matches, you still might be able to do the same, but I'm not at
        all sure about that. Same proviso about hilighting the matches.

        If all else fails, create a region which defines everything between the
        start and end patterns, Contained (adding it as a Contains in the original
        region). But that is both ugly and inefficient, I'm sure.
      • Michael Geddes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
          Look at syn-matchgroup

          you can specify a different group for the start and end matches.

          //.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
            Michael:

            Michael Geddes wrote:
            > Look at syn-matchgroup
            >
            > you can specify a different group for the start and end matches.

            Perfect. Thanks!

            Neil