Re: [vim] Dead keys

  • Charles E. Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
      On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:02:10AM -0500, Steve Hall wrote:
      > Can anyone point me to some info about dead keys? (Using preceeding ^,
      > ~, ', and ` to enable insertion of western European multi-byte chars.)

      Vim doesn't have dead-keys, but it does have digraphs. See

      :he i_ctrl-k

      However, you may find the <EasyAccents.vim> plugin of help. See

      It basically implements dead keys: ^o 'a `a :e etc.
      EasyAccents toggles on/off via use of the mapping \ea.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      --
      Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __