Re: undelete

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 4, 2003
      Andrei Voropaev wrote:

      > > > Is it possible to manually add "undo barriers". For instance, using
      > > > VimLaTeX, I sometimes find myself in the situation where some IMAP was
      > > > triggered and I want to remove it, but I cannot since it also undoes
      > > > what I typed before. If one could tell to vim that when some function is
      > > > triggered, it should consider the current change done, it would be
      > > > great.
      > >
      > > Currently you need to leave Insert mode for a moment or use a cursor
      > > key. But this can have side effects.
      >
      > Out of curiosity. What are those side effects? I was using it before as
      > Ctrl-[ a and did hit anything :) What should I watch out for?

      Repeating the insert is also stopped and restarted, thus redo with "."
      doesn't work. The solution that I submitted for tryout breaks the undo
      but not the redo. Thus you can backspace and undo the backspacing, but
      redo will insert the text with the effect of backspacing included. You
      can't have both at the same time though, since undo breaks redo. (now
      read that three times, hopefully you'll get it :-).

      --
      Communication is one of the most compli..., eh, well, it's hard.
      You know what I mean. Not?