Re: Errors Compiling Python-Interp/OK!

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2003
      Tim Johnson wrote:

      > Before upgrading from RH 7.2 to RH 9.0, I had installed python2.2,
      > and had done so from a compile (not RPM).
      >
      > I made a new copy of the the python-2.2.2 install directory.
      > I first ran make (without 'install'). Went back to vim, ran
      > "make reconfig", still with the errors, I then ran
      > "make install" for python, and the vim "make reconfig"
      > was successful.

      I'm glad you could solve the problem.

      > Thanks for the help. I would welcome a little more explanation
      > of the process *or* pointers to documentation on this.
      >
      > If there is none, I would be happy to contribute documenation,
      > if necessary. I plan to investigate using perl-interp some
      > time in the future as well, so it helps me in the long run....

      There is not much to document. When Vim's configure runs it obtains
      info about the Python library from the Python installation. If your
      Python installation is somehow incomplete or broken, Vim will find wrong
      information and it won't work.

      --
      Lawmakers made it obligatory for everybody to take at least one bath
      each week -- on Saturday night.