Crash in vim version 6.1.364, needing help

  • Robert Weidner
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      I have a question. I am using vim from suse 8.2 and I opened several vims in
      different bashes and sometimes it crashes. I am editing in each vim at about
      2-3 files.

      The crash looks like:

      root@system /home >vim
      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: preserving files...
      Vim: Double signal, exiting
      Segmentation fault
      root@system /home >

      What can I do?

      Thanks in advance.

      Robert Weidner
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
        Dnia Friday 31 of October 2003 11:01, Robert Weidner napisał:
        > Hi,
        > I have a question. I am using vim from suse 8.2 and I opened several vims
        > in different bashes and sometimes it crashes. I am editing in each vim
        > at about 2-3 files.
        > The crash looks like:
        > root@system /home >vim
        > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
        > Vim: preserving files...
        > Vim: Double signal, exiting
        > Segmentation fault
        > root@system /home >
        > What can I do?

        Upgrade?
        (current bleeding edge is 6.2.140)

        m.
        Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 12 Sep)
        http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
        Are You There?