Re: Swapping two adjacent letters...

  • Thomas Köhler
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      Vijay Kumar R Zanvar wrote [2003/10/01]:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
      > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

      First, use this for future mistypings:
      iab unsinged unsigned

      Then, use the xp command to exchange two characters for older
      mistakes:
      unsinged
      ^
      Cursor here, type x then p and find this:
      unsigned

      Ciao,
      Thomas

      IRC: jeanluc | on All Real
    • owen beresford
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:09:43 +0530, "Vijay Kumar R Zanvar"
        <vijoeyz@...> said:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
        > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

        [trimmed footer]

        try following in your .vimrc
        abbr unsinged unsigned

        (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
        anybody? )
        --
        owen beresford
        owencanprogram@...

      • Matthew Winn
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
          On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +0000, owen beresford wrote:
          > try following in your .vimrc
          > abbr unsinged unsigned
          >
          > (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
          > anybody? )

          What about fireproof superhero "Asbestos Man"? Fires cannot singe him,
          so he remains unsinged.

          --
          Matthew Winn (matthew@...)
        • Biju Chacko
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
            On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:58:56 +0100, Matthew Winn wrote:

            > On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +0000, owen beresford wrote:
            > > try following in your .vimrc
            > > abbr unsinged unsigned
            > >
            > > (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
            > > anybody? )
            >
            > What about fireproof superhero "Asbestos Man"? Fires cannot singe him,
            > so he remains unsinged.

            You mean 'Mailing List Man' ... flamewars cannot singe him so he remains
            unsinged. :)

            -- b

            Biju 'botsie' Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl dot net
            http://www.symonds.net/~botsie Public Key available on request