RE: Swapping two adjacent letters...

  • Pathak Animesh Kumar-A18474
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      put your cursor at 'n' and then, in command mode, type xp.

      regards,

    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        Vijay Kumar R Zanvar <vijoeyz@...> wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
        > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?
        >

        > Thanks.
        > --
        > I never knew: RFC standard says signature header should start with "--
        > ".
        > Does anyone know which one?

        xp

        see :help characterwise-register

        HTH,
        Tony.
      • Thomas Köhler
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          Vijay Kumar R Zanvar wrote [2003/10/01]:
          > Greetings,
          >
          > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
          > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

          First, use this for future mistypings:
          iab unsinged unsigned

          Then, use the xp command to exchange two characters for older
          mistakes:
          unsinged
          ^
          Cursor here, type x then p and find this:
          unsigned

          Ciao,
          Thomas

          IRC: jeanluc | on All Real
        • owen beresford
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
            On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:09:43 +0530, "Vijay Kumar R Zanvar"
            <vijoeyz@...> said:
            > Greetings,
            >
            > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
            > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

            [trimmed footer]

            try following in your .vimrc
            abbr unsinged unsigned

            (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
            anybody? )
            --
            owen beresford
            owencanprogram@...

          • Matthew Winn
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
              On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +0000, owen beresford wrote:
              > try following in your .vimrc
              > abbr unsinged unsigned
              >
              > (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
              > anybody? )

              What about fireproof superhero "Asbestos Man"? Fires cannot singe him,
              so he remains unsinged.

              --
              Matthew Winn (matthew@...)
            • Biju Chacko
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
                On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:58:56 +0100, Matthew Winn wrote:

                > On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +0000, owen beresford wrote:
                > > try following in your .vimrc
                > > abbr unsinged unsigned
                > >
                > > (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
                > > anybody? )
                >
                > What about fireproof superhero "Asbestos Man"? Fires cannot singe him,
                > so he remains unsinged.

                You mean 'Mailing List Man' ... flamewars cannot singe him so he remains
                unsinged. :)

                -- b

                Biju 'botsie' Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl dot net
                http://www.symonds.net/~botsie Public Key available on request