Swapping two adjacent letters...

  • Vijay Kumar R Zanvar
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      Greetings,

      I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
      exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

      Thanks.
      --
      I never knew: RFC standard says signature header should start with "--
      ".
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        put your cursor at 'n' and then, in command mode, type xp.

        regards,

      • Antoine J. Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          Vijay Kumar R Zanvar <vijoeyz@...> wrote:
          > Greetings,
          >
          > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
          > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?
          >

          > Thanks.
          > --
          > I never knew: RFC standard says signature header should start with "--
          > ".
          > Does anyone know which one?

          xp

          see :help characterwise-register

          HTH,
          Tony.
        • Thomas Köhler
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
            Vijay Kumar R Zanvar wrote [2003/10/01]:
            > Greetings,
            >
            > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
            > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

            First, use this for future mistypings:
            iab unsinged unsigned

            Then, use the xp command to exchange two characters for older
            mistakes:
            unsinged
            ^
            Cursor here, type x then p and find this:
            unsigned

            Ciao,
            Thomas

            IRC: jeanluc | on All Real
          • owen beresford
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
              On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:09:43 +0530, "Vijay Kumar R Zanvar"
              <vijoeyz@...> said:
              > Greetings,
              >
              > I often mistype 'unsigned' as 'unsinged'. Is there any way to
              > exchange 'g' and 'n' without erasing the whole word?

              [trimmed footer]

              try following in your .vimrc
              abbr unsinged unsigned

              (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
              anybody? )
              --
              owen beresford
              owencanprogram@...

            • Matthew Winn
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
                On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +0000, owen beresford wrote:
                > try following in your .vimrc
                > abbr unsinged unsigned
                >
                > (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
                > anybody? )

                What about fireproof superhero "Asbestos Man"? Fires cannot singe him,
                so he remains unsinged.

                --
                Matthew Winn (matthew@...)
              • Biju Chacko
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
                  On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:58:56 +0100, Matthew Winn wrote:

                  > On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +0000, owen beresford wrote:
                  > > try following in your .vimrc
                  > > abbr unsinged unsigned
                  > >
                  > > (this is safe as I can't imagine needing 'unsinged', unsinged heros
                  > > anybody? )
                  >
                  > What about fireproof superhero "Asbestos Man"? Fires cannot singe him,
                  > so he remains unsinged.

                  You mean 'Mailing List Man' ... flamewars cannot singe him so he remains
                  unsinged. :)

                  -- b

                  Biju 'botsie' Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl dot net
                  http://www.symonds.net/~botsie Public Key available on request