Re: Mouse copy/paste

  • Andrei A. Voropaev
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 01:57:49PM +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
      > I'm using Vim 6.1 on RedHat Linux 9
      >
      > When I copy block of text by mouse (mouse buffer is used) from one
      > virtual console to vim o another virtual console, the text is copied
      > with shifts...
      >
      > For example:
      > Original text:
      >
      > Please save this message so that you know the address you
      > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
      > or change your subscription address.
      >
      > Pasted text:
      >
      > Please save this message so that you know the address you
      > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
      > or change your subscription address.
      >
      > The file formats are 'unix'.
      >
      > This is very annoying thing. How to resolve this problem.
      >
      > I understand that this problem, possibly, not vim's problem. May be
      > gpm's problem, may be not. In any case, I'll be glad to receive any help.

      Try before pasting

      :set paste

      and after pasting

      :set nopaste

      Though if original text didn't contain spaces at the beginning of each
      line then no formatting should have been applied.

      --
      Andrei
    • Artem B. Bityuckiy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        Thanks to Lukas, Andrei. I've realized how to handle this issue.

        I've map <F12> to paste using :set pastetogle=<F12> command.

        Unfortunately, when 'paste' is always on, smartintend is off and I can't
        be in 'paste' mode constantly :(

        Thanks!