Re: Mouse copy/paste

  • Lukas Ruf
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      > Artem B. Bityuckiy <mail_lists@...> [2003-10-01 11:58]:
      >
      > For example:
      > Original text:
      >
      > Please save this message so that you know the address you
      > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
      > or change your subscription address.
      >
      > Pasted text:
      >
      > Please save this message so that you know the address you
      > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
      > or change your subscription address.
      >
      > The file formats are 'unix'.
      >
      > This is very annoying thing. How to resolve this problem.
      >
      > I understand that this problem, possibly, not vim's problem. May be
      > gpm's problem, may be not. In any case, I'll be glad to receive any help.

      have you read about ':help pastetoggle' and ':help paste' ?

      wbr,
      Lukas
      --
      Lukas Ruf | Wanna know anything about raw |
      <http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? <http://www.rawip.org> |
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 01:57:49PM +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
        > I'm using Vim 6.1 on RedHat Linux 9
        >
        > When I copy block of text by mouse (mouse buffer is used) from one
        > virtual console to vim o another virtual console, the text is copied
        > with shifts...
        >
        > For example:
        > Original text:
        >
        > Please save this message so that you know the address you
        > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
        > or change your subscription address.
        >
        > Pasted text:
        >
        > Please save this message so that you know the address you
        > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
        > or change your subscription address.
        >
        > The file formats are 'unix'.
        >
        > This is very annoying thing. How to resolve this problem.
        >
        > I understand that this problem, possibly, not vim's problem. May be
        > gpm's problem, may be not. In any case, I'll be glad to receive any help.

        Try before pasting

        :set paste

        and after pasting

        :set nopaste

        Though if original text didn't contain spaces at the beginning of each
        line then no formatting should have been applied.

        --
        Andrei
      • Artem B. Bityuckiy
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
          Thanks to Lukas, Andrei. I've realized how to handle this issue.

          I've map <F12> to paste using :set pastetogle=<F12> command.

          Unfortunately, when 'paste' is always on, smartintend is off and I can't
          be in 'paste' mode constantly :(

          Thanks!