Mouse copy/paste

  • Artem B. Bityuckiy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello

      I'm using Vim 6.1 on RedHat Linux 9

      When I copy block of text by mouse (mouse buffer is used) from one
      virtual console to vim o another virtual console, the text is copied
      with shifts...

      For example:
      Original text:

      Please save this message so that you know the address you
      are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
      or change your subscription address.

      Pasted text:

      Please save this message so that you know the address you
      are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
      or change your subscription address.

      The file formats are 'unix'.

      This is very annoying thing. How to resolve this problem.

      I understand that this problem, possibly, not vim's problem. May be
      gpm's problem, may be not. In any case, I'll be glad to receive any help.

      --
      Best Regards
      Artem B. Bityckiy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        > Artem B. Bityuckiy <mail_lists@...> [2003-10-01 11:58]:
        >
        > For example:
        > Original text:
        >
        > Please save this message so that you know the address you
        > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
        > or change your subscription address.
        >
        > Pasted text:
        >
        > Please save this message so that you know the address you
        > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
        > or change your subscription address.
        >
        > The file formats are 'unix'.
        >
        > This is very annoying thing. How to resolve this problem.
        >
        > I understand that this problem, possibly, not vim's problem. May be
        > gpm's problem, may be not. In any case, I'll be glad to receive any help.

        have you read about ':help pastetoggle' and ':help paste' ?

        wbr,
        Lukas
        --
        Lukas Ruf | Wanna know anything about raw |
        <http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? <http://www.rawip.org> |
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
          On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 01:57:49PM +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
          > I'm using Vim 6.1 on RedHat Linux 9
          >
          > When I copy block of text by mouse (mouse buffer is used) from one
          > virtual console to vim o another virtual console, the text is copied
          > with shifts...
          >
          > For example:
          > Original text:
          >
          > Please save this message so that you know the address you
          > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
          > or change your subscription address.
          >
          > Pasted text:
          >
          > Please save this message so that you know the address you
          > are subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe
          > or change your subscription address.
          >
          > The file formats are 'unix'.
          >
          > This is very annoying thing. How to resolve this problem.
          >
          > I understand that this problem, possibly, not vim's problem. May be
          > gpm's problem, may be not. In any case, I'll be glad to receive any help.

          Try before pasting

          :set paste

          and after pasting

          :set nopaste

          Though if original text didn't contain spaces at the beginning of each
          line then no formatting should have been applied.

          --
          Andrei
        • Artem B. Bityuckiy
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
            Thanks to Lukas, Andrei. I've realized how to handle this issue.

            I've map <F12> to paste using :set pastetogle=<F12> command.

            Unfortunately, when 'paste' is always on, smartintend is off and I can't
            be in 'paste' mode constantly :(

            Thanks!