encoding problem!

  • Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hello,
      I'am having an encoding problem with vim under linux!
      system $LANG variable is en_US.
      When no encoding is specified in .vimrc, writing something
      like "olás" results "olá s". If I do not remove the blank
      space, exiting vim and entering again, reopening the file
      everything is ok, the word appears "olás" without the space!!
      If I remove the space before exit vim, results in "ol?s"
      I tryed to set enconding in .vimrc to iso-8859-1, utf-8,
      iso-latin1 but without success!!!
      Does anyone have any idea whats happening here?
      Thanks for any help...
      Rui Gonçalves

      --
      Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves <rui-l-goncalves@...>
      PT Inovação
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
        Just got Taglist setup today, very impressive it is too.. with the breakdown of items in the left hand vertical window... the prototype along the bottom is nice too..

        Its so close tho but i'd love something that rather than working with tags on a per file used the full tags file.. I always have it made for my source project and navigate with them fine...

        It'd be great to get a sidewindow like taglist come up and as you type function calls in it sorts throught your tags file and puts the narrowed list in the window like taglist.. eventually ending up on the full declaration (or shortcutting by pressing a key to autocomplete (^P i guess !?)) and showing you its function declaration so you know the parameters...

        Has this been done elsewhere!?? I've tried searching but am not sure what to search for.. everything i've tried has come up with nothing... does it sound feasible?!?

        Thanks

        Jim

      • Dan Sharp
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          James R Bamford wrote:
          > Just got Taglist setup today, very impressive it is too.. with the breakdown of items in the left hand vertical window... the prototype along the bottom is nice too..
          >
          > Its so close tho but i'd love something that rather than working with tags on a per file used the full tags file.. I always have it made for my source project and navigate with them fine...
          >
          > It'd be great to get a sidewindow like taglist come up and as you type function calls in it sorts throught your tags file and puts the narrowed list in the window like taglist.. eventually ending up on the full declaration (or shortcutting by pressing a key to autocomplete (^P i guess !?)) and showing you its function declaration so you know the parameters...
          >
          > Has this been done elsewhere!?? I've tried searching but am not sure what to search for.. everything i've tried has come up with nothing... does it sound feasible?!?

          I am guessing from the AVG signature that you are on Windows. In that
          case, take a look at http://insenvim.freeservers.com/ or look for
          'Intellisense' on http://www.vim.org It does something like what you
          want, though only for Java, XML, and HTML right now.

          Dan Sharp