Re: language messages

  • martinkov@pobox.sk
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
      hello,

      first of all, imho it shouldnt be any difference between vim running
      in non-gui and gui mode in this case, as messages are output/displayed
      in both of them. am i correct?

      second, according to what i've read somewhere in docs, you need to put
      this in .vimrc because of a configuration files ordering or something.

      martin

      > On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:08:35AM +0200, martinkov@... wrote:
      > > i have the setting "language messages en" in my .vimrc file, but each
      > > time i start vim in non-gui mode it generates error E197 (cannot set
      > > language to "en"). i've tried this in windows, cygwin, solaris.
      > >
      > > is there a way how to avoid this error message? i can think of either
      > > suppressing this particular error or of if statement checking for
      > > something and then possibly setting language based on that check. but
      > > i've read through multi-language chapter and gui chapter and didn't
      > > find anything. :-(
      > >
      > > thanks for any hints.
      >
      > Did you try to use .vimrc and .gvimrc? I simply put gui configurations
      > into .gvimrc and common settings in .vimrc. Though probably there are
      > some variables that allow you to test things but I always liked simple
      > solutions :)
      >
      > --
      > Andrei

      Vyrazne zlavy pocitacov a prislusenstva
      Sun Fire V210 server v cenach uz od 125.000,- Sk bez DPH
      Navstivte nas na adrese http://www.somi.sk/sun/lowend_servery.php