Re: [vim] Problems with colorschemes, terminal emulators and such

  • Charles E. Campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2003
      On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 11:50:50AM -0000, ywuelfs02@... wrote:
      > For my editing sessions (ruby) I tried (first with gvim)
      > different colorschemes, where "astronaut.vim" fits my needs
      > best.
      >
      > But as I fired up vim (without the "g") the colors got totally
      > screwed up...(on all three terminal emulators)

      The <astronaut.vim> colorscheme has some optional modifiers which
      you may try putting some/all into your <.vimrc>:

      let astronaut_bold=1 : term, cterm, and gui receive bold modifier

      let astronaut_dark=1 : dark colors used (otherwise some terminals
      make everything bold, which can be all one
      color)

      let astronaut_underline=1 : assume that underlining works on your terminal
      Otherwise some groups will have dark-magenta
      background highlighting.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      --