Re: Strange buffer numbering, b# doesn't work

  • Sören Edzen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2003
      * Yakov Lerner <yakov.lerner@...> [2003-09-10 14:03]:

      > > I have tested it more thoroughly and come to the conclusion that it has
      > > to do with CVS. If I have a file, checked out from a cvs repository, in
      > > one buffer, then there is no "#" in front of any file. But if I remove
      > > the cvs file from the buffer list by the command :bd the "#" reappears.
      > >can anyone explain this strange behavior?
      >

      > This could be result of some plugin creating then wiping out (:bw) the
      > buffer(s) behind the scenes.
      >
      > If the wiped-out buffer happened to be the '#' buffer, this will
      > cause exactly the situation that you describe. Try for example:

      > The question is, what plugin or script may be doing it.
      > You could track this down using:
      >
      > (1) using :scriptnames to see what plugins are active
      >
      > (2) adding this to the ~/.vimrc:
      >
      > :au BufWipeout * :echomsg '*** buffer No.'.bufnr(expand('<afile>')).'
      > wiped out!'
      >
      > it will alert you if any buffer is wiped out
      >
      > Jacob Lerner

      Thanks for the tips. I discovered that it was the script "cvsmenu.vim"
      that caused the problem with buffer #. The numering in the buffers is a
      minor problem, I can live with that. It's the abbsens of the # buffer
      that concerns me most. I will send an e-mail to the persons responsible
      for the script about the problem.

      --
      Sören Edzen