Re: Strange buffer numbering, b# doesn't work
- * Yakov Lerner <yakov.lerner@...> [2003-09-10 14:03]:
> >Thanks for the tips. I discovered that it was the script "cvsmenu.vim"
> > I have tested it more thoroughly and come to the conclusion that it has
> > to do with CVS. If I have a file, checked out from a cvs repository, in
> > one buffer, then there is no "#" in front of any file. But if I remove
> > the cvs file from the buffer list by the command :bd the "#" reappears.
> >can anyone explain this strange behavior?
> This could be result of some plugin creating then wiping out (:bw) the
> buffer(s) behind the scenes.
> If the wiped-out buffer happened to be the '#' buffer, this will
> cause exactly the situation that you describe. Try for example:
> vim a b <cr> :n <cr> :ls! <cr> :bw #<cr> :ls! <cr> )
> The question is, what plugin or script may be doing it.
> You could track this down using:
> (1) using :scriptnames to see what plugins are active
> (2) adding this to the ~/.vimrc:
> :au BufWipeout * :echomsg '*** buffer No.'.bufnr(expand('<afile>')).'
> wiped out!'
> it will alert you if any buffer is wiped out
> Jacob Lerner
that caused the problem with buffer #. The numering in the buffers is a
minor problem, I can live with that. It's the abbsens of the # buffer
that concerns me most. I will send an e-mail to the persons responsible
for the script about the problem.