Proposed changes to less.sh

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      I just started using less.sh and ran into a couple of problems: I
      couldn't customize the behavior of less.vim; some of less.vim's
      mappings were being overridden by ftplugins. I have fixed both
      these problems and would like to propose that my changes be
      incorporated into the official less.sh.

      *** /home/garyjohn/src/vim-6.2-patched/vim62/runtime/macros/less.sh Wed Feb 27 06:03:45 2002
      --- /home/garyjohn/bin/less.sh Tue Sep 2 01:13:24 2003
      ***************
      *** 3,9 ****
      # Read stdin if no arguments were given.

      if test $# = 0; then
      ! vim -c 'so $VIMRUNTIME/macros/less.vim' -
      else
      ! vim -c 'so $VIMRUNTIME/macros/less.vim' "$@"
      fi
      --- 3,9 ----
      # Read stdin if no arguments were given.

      if test $# = 0; then
      ! vim --cmd 'let no_plugin_maps = 1' -c 'runtime! macros/less.vim' -
      else
      ! vim --cmd 'let no_plugin_maps = 1' -c 'runtime! macros/less.vim' "$@"
      fi

      Gary

      --
      Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies
      garyjohn@... | Wireless Division
      | Spokane, Washington, USA
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        Gary Johnson wrote:

        > I just started using less.sh and ran into a couple of problems: I
        > couldn't customize the behavior of less.vim; some of less.vim's
        > mappings were being overridden by ftplugins. I have fixed both
        > these problems and would like to propose that my changes be
        > incorporated into the official less.sh.

        Thanks. Looks fine to me, I'll include it.

        --
        Eight Megabytes And Continually Swapping.