Save/Discard question when leaving dirty buffer ?

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      I never turn on my 'autowrite' option (I
      don't want files to be written without my confirmation).

      I'd rather prefer that command (without '!') which is about to
      close the dirty buffer would ask me the 'Save/Discard/Cancel'
      question.

      Is there any trick with autocommands (or any option)
      to ask the user the 'Save/Discard/Cancel' question when
      the command without '!' wants to close a dirty buffer ?

      Jacob Lerner
    • Jürgen Krämer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003

        Yakov Lerner wrote:
        > I never turn on my 'autowrite' option (I
        > don't want files to be written without my confirmation).
        >
        > I'd rather prefer that command (without '!') which is about to
        > close the dirty buffer would ask me the 'Save/Discard/Cancel'
        > question.
        >
        > Is there any trick with autocommands (or any option)
        > to ask the user the 'Save/Discard/Cancel' question when
        > the command without '!' wants to close a dirty buffer ?

        how about

        :set confirm

        Regards,
        Jürgen