Double click + select whole word

  • Saar Machtinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2003
      I want to be able to select an entire word and more when double clicking it, and than, keeping the left button pressed and mark more text to copy.
      What happens now is:
      If I only double click a word, it is selected ok.
      If I want to select the entire word, and to add more text to the right of it, or left of it I double click the word (no effect there) and than I move the mouse over the text. But the word is not selected. ( I know u can put the mouse and mark from the beginning of the word, I am looking for something easier).

      e.g.
      what I want is:
      Original :
      NM_MOVE_C_TO_C(data_tab[0].parameter, 'abcd');
      simple copy gives this result
      NM_MOVE_C_TO_C(data_tab[0].parameter, 'abcd');

      I want to stand over the 'V', double click (the entire macro is selected) and than mark the rest of the line.
      NM_MOVE_C_TO_C(data_tab[0].parameter, 'abcd');

      I don't want to use 'b', 'cw', 'p'. i.e. I don't want to use the KB for this task.

      thanks,
      Saar
    • Saar Machtinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2003
        The message didn't came out right,
        should be :
        simple copy gives this result
        VE_C_TO_C(data_tab[0].parameter, 'abcd');

      • Jürgen Krämer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2003

          Saar Machtinger wrote:

          > I want to be able to select an entire word and more when double
          > clicking it, and than, keeping the left button pressed and mark more
          > text to copy.

          you were talking about a GUI vim, weren't you?

          > What happens now is:
          > If I only double click a word, it is selected ok.
          > If I want to select the entire word, and to add more text to the right
          > of it, or left of it I double click the word (no effect there) and
          > than I move the mouse over the text. But the word is not selected. ( I
          > know u can put the mouse and mark from the beginning of the word, I am
          > looking for something easier).

          Double-clicking on a word, but not releasing the button after the second
          click, and then dragging the mouse while keeping the button pressed
          should extend the selection word-wise. At least here with gvim 6.2.60 on
          Windows 2000 it does. (Triple-clicking does the same line-wise.)

          If it does not work for you, you might switch to

          :set mousemodel=extend

          and use the right mouse button to extend the selection.

          Regards,
          Jürgen

        • Saar Machtinger
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2003