Re: .... auto enable

  • Naveen Chandra
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
      > I have downloaded the plugin script which highlights matching brackets
      > and i would like to enable it by default.
      > The mapping is '<Leader>[i', what do i have to do so when I vim a file
      > it will automatically enable it.

      To automatically source the file you have to put the plugin script in
      $HOME/.vim/plugin directory.

      If you are wondering what <Leader> is then look at
      :help mapleader

      hth
      -ncr

      --
      Naveen Chandra R.
      Vim Page: http://www.geocities.com/ncr_10/vim.html
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
        I have downloaded the plugin script which highlights matching
        brackets and i would like to enable it by default.
        The mapping is '<Leader>[i', what do i have to do so when I vim a file
        it will automatically enable it.

        Regards,
        Maoz.
      • Jürgen Krämer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003

          maoz wrote:

          > I have downloaded the plugin script which highlights matching
          > brackets and i would like to enable it by default.
          > The mapping is '<Leader>[i', what do i have to do so when I vim a file
          > it will automatically enable it.

          put the following in a plugin that gets sourced after the one you
          downloaded:

          if exists("mapleader")
          execute "normal " . mapleader . "[i"
          else
          normal \[i
          end

          Regards,
          Jürgen

          --
          Jürgen Krämer Softwareentwicklung
          Habel GmbH mailto:jkraemer@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
            Hello maoz,

            Jurgen Kramer wrote

            > Hi,
            >
            > maoz wrote:
            > >
            > > I have downloaded the plugin script which highlights
            > > matching brackets and i would like to enable it by
            > > default. The mapping is '<Leader >[i', what do i
            > > have to do so when I vim a file it will automatically
            > > enable it.
            >
            > put the following in a plugin that gets sourced after
            > the one you downloaded:
            >
            > if exists("mapleader") execute "normal " . mapleader .
            > "[i"
            > else normal \[i
            > end

            Just to clarify this you could put this in a file in
            ~/.vim/after/plugin/whatever-you-like.vim

            I also use this plugin from time to time. I recommend
            against leaving it on permanently. Although it does a pretty
            good job of emulating vim's commands it will break
            occasionally. E.g. turn it on and type:

            50ax

            The 0 will be interpreted as the command to move to the
            first character of a line, which doesn't take a count. Maybe
            Charles Campbell can fix this? So I just turn the plugin on
            when there are a lot of brackets (which doesn't actually
            happen too often).

            Antony