[vim]["bug"] menu and 2html.vim

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 4:37 AM
      Hello,

      I've noticed that the menu, that converts the current file to html, is
      binded to ":so $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/2html.vim".

      It should be binded to ":runtime syntax/2html.vim"

      Why: because we may need to override the default 2html.vim file. For
      instance, we can have a template-expander binded to BufNewFile we must
      deactivate before executing $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/2html.vim ; the best
      place to do this in within a ~/.vim/syntax/2html.vim script.

      --
      Luc Hermitte
      http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 5:57 AM
        Luc Hermitte wrote:

        > I've noticed that the menu, that converts the current file to html, is
        > binded to ":so $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/2html.vim".
        >
        > It should be binded to ":runtime syntax/2html.vim"
        >
        > Why: because we may need to override the default 2html.vim file. For
        > instance, we can have a template-expander binded to BufNewFile we must
        > deactivate before executing $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/2html.vim ; the best
        > place to do this in within a ~/.vim/syntax/2html.vim script.

        I agree, using ":runtime" is better.

        32. You don't know what sex three of your closest friends are, because they
        have neutral nicknames and you never bothered to ask.