Re: vim help file style tags?

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 12:35 PM
      Stephane Huaulme <stephane@...> wrote:
      > how do I get my text file to convert *text* into tags for |text| like
      > the help files do?
      > how do I get a text file to use the same syntax coloring as the help
      > files
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > stephane

      The second question is the easier of the two. Use a |modeline| to set the
      'filetype' (or maybe just the 'syntax') to "help" (without the quotes).

      If you want your *text_tags* to be invoked by ":help text_tags", see
      |add-local-help| and |write-local-help|. See also |:helptags|, which may or
      may not work to create the tagfile you want, I have only used it for help
      files.

      HTH,