vim help file style tags?

  • Stephane Huaulme
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
      how do I get my text file to convert *text* into tags for |text| like
      the help files do?
      how do I get a text file to use the same syntax coloring as the help
      files

      thanks

      stephane
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
        Stephane Huaulme <stephane@...> wrote:
        > how do I get my text file to convert *text* into tags for |text| like
        > the help files do?
        > how do I get a text file to use the same syntax coloring as the help
        > files
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > stephane

        The second question is the easier of the two. Use a |modeline| to set the
        'filetype' (or maybe just the 'syntax') to "help" (without the quotes).

        If you want your *text_tags* to be invoked by ":help text_tags", see
        |add-local-help| and |write-local-help|. See also |:helptags|, which may or
        may not work to create the tagfile you want, I have only used it for help
        files.

        HTH,