Re: Font size and window height

  • Bruce Mellows
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
      I have written a DLL, that seems to do what we want - however, it does
      not return the numeric value that it calculates

      Are there any gotcha's that I need to know about

      I see the parameters passed to my DLL correctly - and am sure that I
      return a value, but always get back 0

      I call it....
      :echo libcallnr("my_dll", "my_entry", &guifont)

      Any hints ???

      Klaus Bosau wrote:

      >On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Bruce Mellows wrote:
      >

      >>Of course it is *possible* its just more work than people want to get
      >>into.
      >>
      >>What you could do is to use libcallnr(), and hence keep this out of
      >>the vim's code
      >>
      >>Quick and dirty of course - but it would work - you just got to get
      >>the numbers right
      >>
      >>I might have a go at this. I too have been annoyed by this in the
      >>past.
      >>

      >Thanks to both of you J├╝rgen and Bruce! I already thought this might be
      >difficult. The libcallnr() variant Bruce mentioned might be worth
      >considering, I'd prefer a solution based on Vim's inbuilt facilities
      >though. I think I'll specialize on one particular font and use some
      >sort of correction factor to obtain the corresponding window size...
      >
      >Thanks!
      >
      >Klaus

    • Bruce Mellows
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2003
        Further to my libcallnr() woes - this is an example DLL, that I expect
        should return some value (other than 0) when called

        I try...
        :echo libcallnr("my_dll", "Value10", "")

        and keep getting 0 - I am sure that the function is called because of
        the message box when calling Value20

        so I must conclude that my calling is in error

        Any Help ???
      • Bruce Mellows
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2003
          Don't know how to get result from libcallnr - used libcall

          This is a quick (and probably dirty) hack to preserve the window size
          when changing fonts

          There is some room for improvement of course, but I got to do some real
          work (pay the mortgage, that sort of thing)

          Bruce