To Aric Blumer or anyone who has successfully used Project plugin with Winmanager

  • bps8@daimlerchrysler.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 7:41 AM
      Has anyone successfully used Project plugin with Winmanager? I've been
      using Project for a while now. Have written my own mappings and functions
      to work with it, etc..., but I'd also like to use Tagmenu and other
      plugins, which work with Winmanager plugin. Aric, if you're out there, do
      you have any plans to implement a Winmanager interface for project? I
      started to try to hack it myself by defining Project_Start() and
      Project_IsValid() in the .vimproject_mappings file, but it looks like I
      might have to change some stuff in the plugin script itself, due to the way
      windows are opened automatically in response to Project command (i.e.,
      there doesn't appear to be a built-in way to tell project plugin "use the
      window in which the cursor currently resides as the project window"),
      Additionally, project plugin does it's own window re-positioning in
      response to BufEnter BufLeave events, so there would probably need to be
      some changes there, at least in the case where Winmanager is running...

      If there are no plans to implement winmanager interface for Project plugin,
      is there a similar plugin that has one? (Actually, I don't look forward to
      a change to another project plugin, because I've done a lot of work to
      customize it already with the infile/outfile mechanism...)

      Thanks,
      Brett S.