Keypad mappings

  • Michael Metzger
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
      If anyone needs key mappings for keypad {rhs} and using PuTTY as their terminal program here are the right maps for the _vimrc file

      :imap ^[Oq 1
      :imap ^[Or 2
      :imap ^[Os 3
      :imap ^[Ot 4
      :imap ^[Ou 5
      :imap ^[Ov 6
      :imap ^[Ow 7
      :imap ^[Ox 8
      :imap ^[Oy 9
      :imap ^[Op 0
      :imap ^[On .
      :imap ^[OQ /
      :imap ^[OR *
      :imap ^[Ol +
      :imap ^[OS -
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
        Michael Metzger wrote:
        > If anyone needs key mappings for keypad {rhs} and using PuTTY as their terminal program here are the right maps for the _vimrc file
        >
        > :imap ^[Oq 1
        > :imap ^[Or 2
        [snip]

        This looks like a good candidate for a VimTip. Please mention "PuTTY" and
        "keypad" in the title to make it easier to find.

        http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/add_tip.php

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Michael Metzger
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2003
          Tip has been added.

          Tip #503: PuTTY numeric keypad mappings
          http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=503

          Michael Metzger

          Michael Metzger wrote:
          > If anyone needs key mappings for keypad {rhs} and using PuTTY as their terminal program here are the right maps for the _vimrc file
          >
          > :imap ^[Oq 1
          > :imap ^[Or 2
          [snip]

          This looks like a good candidate for a VimTip. Please mention "PuTTY" and
          "keypad" in the title to make it easier to find.

          http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/add_tip.php

          HTH --Benji Fisher
        • Antoine J. Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2003
            Michael Metzger <MMetzger@...> wrote:
            > Tip has been added.
            >
            > Tip #503: PuTTY numeric keypad mappings
            > http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=503
            >
            > Michael Metzger

            Just a wild idea out the top of my head (I think it is feasible but didn't
            test it): maybe that list could be reformatted as a keymap and published as
            a script? With maybe a copy to Bram for possible inclusion in the next
            release? (Not that I use PuTTY personally, but I guess a lot of people do.)
            (A keymap doesn't have to cover the whole hundred-or-so keys, only what is
            changed: see for instance my Esperanto keymap, included in the 6.2
            distribution.)