Strange :substitute bahaviour

  • Klaus Bosau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003

      I noticed that

      :s/\%(^a\+\)\@<=b//gc

      (answering "y" when being asked) is not the same as

      :s/\%(^a\+\)\@<=b//g

      when applied on a line like

      abababababababababababababababababababab

      Can anyone reproduce this with GVim 6.2?

      Thanks,

      Klaus
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        Klaus Bosau wrote:

        > I noticed that

        > (answering "y" when being asked) is not the same as

        > when applied on a line like
        >
        > abababababababababababababababababababab
        >
        > Can anyone reproduce this with GVim 6.2?

        I can see the difference. I'll add a remark in the todo list.

        --
        There is a fine line between courage and foolishness.
        Unfortunately, it's not a fence.