OT: build cscope with VC.Net

  • Jing Xue
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2003
      Sorry for this not being related to Vim directly.

      I'm trying to build cscope with VC.Net and getting some link errors (as shown below). Some googling led me to believe it's something to do with some compatibility issue in VC.Net. I wonder how you dealt with it. I have tried to run the prebuilt binary but got "Ordinal Not Found" in pdcurses.dll.

      Here's the link errors. Thanks for any hint. -JX

      -----------------------
      Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.9466

      link -nologo -out:cscope.exe -NODEFAULTLIB:LIBC -libpath:c:\Apps\gnu/lib "alloc.obj" "basename.obj" "build.obj" "command.obj" "compath.obj" "
      crossref.obj" "dir.obj" "display.obj" "edit.obj" "exec.obj" "find.obj" "help.obj" "history.obj" "input.obj" "invlib.obj" "logdir.obj" "lookup.obj" "
      main.obj" "mouse.obj" "mygetenv.obj" "mypopen.obj" "vpaccess.obj" "vpfopen.obj" "vpinit.obj" "vpopen.obj" fscanner.obj egrep.obj dirent.obj pdcurses.
      lib curses.lib libregex.lib user32.lib libcp.lib
      pdcurses.lib(pdcutil.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __pctype referenced in function _PDC_vsscanf
      pdcurses.lib(pdcutil.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___mb_cur_max referenced in function _PDC_vsscanf
      cscope.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
      Stop.