Re: Where to store sourced files?

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
      Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > The next upgrade will only change things under $VIMRUNTIME .
      > More precisely, currently $VIMRUNTIME is probably $VIM/vim62/ , and
      > affter you upgrade to vim 6.3, $VIMRUNTIME will be $VIM/vim63/ . So
      > anything you put under $VIM/vim62/ will be ignored, but not actually
      > overwritten, when you upgrade.
      >
      > > help vimfiles
      >
      > HTH --Benji Fisher

      Note: If it's on your system like it's on mine, the next upgrade will notice
      the present version, and ask if you want to uninstall it prior to installing
      the new one. If (like me) you answer Yes, then the previous version will
      indeed disappear.

      (My $VIM/vim62e and $VIM/vim62f have both been RMDIR'ed by later versions;
      somehow vim61 has survived with part of its contents, but since vim62 seems
      to work, and I still have the self-executables anyway, I'm going to
      liquidate it by hand.)