Strange gq behaviour!?

  • Klaus Bosau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Dear Vim experts,

      when formatting mail I noticed that passages like

      > This is a sentence
      >without trailing space character.

      i. e. text which in some places lacks space characters between '>' and
      normal text, is left untouched when formatted via "gq". What's the
      reason for this and is there a way to change this behaviour, so that
      it'll get formatted properly, too? (Btw, is there a "comments" flag,
      too, which can be used for non-nesting comment-strings *without*
      trailing spaces? ":set com=:>"?)

      Thanks in advance!

      Klaus

      PS: .vimrc: :set fo=tcq, :set com=n:>, :set tw=70