Re[2]: Some combinations of keys don't work in Win32 console version.

  • Pavel A.Papushev
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2003
      Hi!

      Sunday, April 20, 2003, 10:51:16 PM, you wrote:

      >> Mappings for insert mode don't change the situation. For example, all this
      >> mappings DON'T WORK:
      >>
      >> :imap <C-F1> hi!
      >> :imap <A-F1> hi!
      >> :imap <C-k1> hi!
      >> :imap <A-S-k1> hi!
      >> :imap <A-S-F1> hi!

      SA> Pavel, imap does work.
      SA> Instead of typing "<C-F1>" just press <Ctrl-V> and then desired
      SA> key combination. This works for me.

      Sergey, thank you for the response! But I don't understand that you
      mean. I think, you say about <C-Q> - "insert character literally" (<C-V> is
      'paste' in Windows behaviour). I have written
      :imap <C-F1> hi!
      But when I press <C-F1> I see a pseudo-graphic character (cross) and ^
      instead of 'hi!'. When I press <C-Q><C-F1> I see the same.
      It's strange, that after pressing, for instance, <C-F2>, and there
      is no mapping to it, I see sequence of characters '<C-F2>' in the GUI but
      not in the console.

      Pavel :)