Re: compile problems with mandrake

  • Aschwin Marsman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Paul Tremblay wrote:

      > > > No to the second question. I would like to compile my own Vim.
      > >
      > > Vim needs few files from kernel-sources to compile.
      > >
      > > > Why doesn't Vim compile with 3.x? It ticks me off that Mandrake
      > > > instaled a new compiler that isn't compatible with existing software.
      > >
      > > There are some issues with broken optimization in 3.x. You can try to
      > > compile 6.1 with -fno-strength-reduce flag.
      > >
      > > But I am recommending to download 6.2 BETA sources. There are all these
      > > problems solved.
      > >

      > Okay, I'll try this. Where can I get a copy? I tried vim.org, but
      > couldn't find any BEATA sources.

      6.2 is just released, so its even easier for you now!

      Information about which files to download for what system:

      http://www.vim.org/download.php

      All files can be found below these directories:

      ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/

      > Paul

      Best regards,

      Aschwin Marsman

      --
      aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
      Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands