Skip to search.

Re: extremely useful feature suggestion: vim + shell

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 05:19:34PM -0230, Neil Zanella wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I would like to recommend the following extremely useful feature for vim.
      > 1. The user opens a file.
      > 2. The user calls split.
      > 3. The user calls :sh in
      > one of the windows.

      This will not be built in Vim as Bram wrote few times. It is not in
      Vim because noboty thought about it :)

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 27 May)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      Are You There?
    • Ing. Stanislav Sitar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi.

        There is such program as you are describing.

        Called splitvt

        Bye
        Stano