Re: Bug - Changing the 'columns' option for a maximized window

  • Yiu Wing
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003

      > Anybody able to reproduce the below described problem?

      Yes, I can reproduce the behaviour in WinXP. The gvim window is not resized
      when I set 'columns' to 80. I'm not sure this is a bug, though. The help
      says,

      "When Vim is running in the GUI or in a resizable window, setting this
      option may cause the window size to be changed."
      ^^^
      It would depends on how the word "may" is interpreted here.

      > - Yegappan
      >
      > --- Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappan@...> wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I am using GUI Vim 6.2 (alpha) in a MS-Windows system.
      > >
      > > When I change the 'columns' option value in a maximized
      > > GUI Vim window, the window is not resized to the new
      > > 'columns' value. Instead, only the scrollbar is adjusted.
      > > Changing the 'columns' in a non-maximized window, adjusts
      > > the window width properly. Anybody able to reproduce this
      > > behavior? To reproduce this, maximize the GUI Vim window
      > > and then set the 'columns' option to 80.
      > >
      > > - Yegappan

      > http://calendar.yahoo.com

    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 08:01:12PM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
        > Anybody able to reproduce the below described problem?
        > > I am using GUI Vim 6.2 (alpha) in a MS-Windows system.
        > >
        > > When I change the 'columns' option value in a maximized
        > > GUI Vim window, the window is not resized to the new
        > > 'columns' value. Instead, only the scrollbar is adjusted.
        > > Changing the 'columns' in a non-maximized window, adjusts
        > > the window width properly. Anybody able to reproduce this
        > > behavior? To reproduce this, maximize the GUI Vim window
        > > and then set the 'columns' option to 80.

        In 6.2f.6 Linux, WindowMaker everything works OK.

        m.
        Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 27 May)
        http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
        Are You There?